Brendan, the Explorer

Brendan, the Explorer
Mr. Handsome

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Runaway boy

We couldn't wait for Brendan to start walking...and boy oh boy, were we fools!  Nah, it's actually awesome being able to watch him explore on two legs instead of on all fours.  Today at Target, I wanted to get him some cheap gym shoes to supplement his expensive Stride Rite sandals, mainly for camping...that's an awful lot of dirt and junk to get inside sandals!  I put him down so I could see where his toes lined up in the shoes, they were too small (why doesn't Target have half-sizes!?), so we took them off and as I was putting them back and grabbing the bigger size, Brendan took off!  He's too fast when he wants to be!  I glanced at my cart which had my purse in it still and then glanced at Brendan, now an entire aisle length away...I made the quick decision that obviously Brendan trumps purse and ran after my lil' maniac who had a book in his hand and no shoes.  He keeps it interesting!

While at Target I got diapers and misc. other things, which once we got home, were sitting in the kitchen awaiting passage upstairs.  Brendan was having fun playing with the misc. items that were sitting on his diaper boxes.  All of these little things (box of band-aids, some toothpaste, and neosporin) ended up on the floor.  When I told Brendan that it was time to eat lunch, he started toward the high-chair, but then turned back and picked up those items off of the floor and put them back on the diaper boxes!  How cute is that?  My little boy has picked up on his Mommy's OCD, orderly habits already...this could be good or could be bad...only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment