Brendan, at 15 months, is in the 80% for height and 20%tile for weight...so he's long and lean. I'm happy! People always look at percentiles like they're the end all be all for a kids' progress in growth...they're not! It's a comparison among other kids their age...that's it! It doesn't mean that the kid in the 98th percentile is obese and it doesn't mean that the kid in the 15th percentile for weight is malnourished and sickly! I don't even really pay attention to it, mainly because where my child falls on the chart may change a thousand times by the time they turn 18...I'm not concerned. I'll be concerned when the doctor is concerned. Brendan eats like a fiend most of the time and we're not sure where he's putting it! He eats fruits and veggies and whole grain! And gasp, he even gets to eat cookies and snacks once in awhile! He should be only so lucky to have this same metabolism when he's 30! LOL
It is what it is.
Brendan did the cutest thing that I wanted to mention before I moved on to a milk update... Lately he's been noticing crumbs on the floor (thanks Brendan for showing people that I obviously need to vacuum more often), and he's been picking them up and eating them---YUCK! So we started telling him no and saying they're dirty, yucky, and to leave them alone. Well, after his snack yesterday afternoon, he picked up a crumb and Charlie was telling him no, but instead of dropping it, he walked over to the garbage can and tried to put it on top of the lid...so Charlie quickly opened the lid and Brendan dropped it in the garbage can...wow! That may not be much, but it made my day!
On to our milk woes...after many people weighing in and doing some heavy duty thinking on my part (and Charlie's), I decided to give Brendan his morning milk in a bottle again, the one right when he wakes up (I'm hoping it helps with his mood throughout the day!). I just handed him the bottle a little bit ago, and his eyes lit up and he promptly sat on the floor and guarded the bottle as if I'd take it away and drank it like a meth addict getting a fix after days of going without. So he'll still get milk in his sippy on his tray during meals, because that is what it boils down to, not being held while having a bottle throughout the day. He also does not get a bottle or any milk at bedtime, he's been not wanting it anyway, so why give it to him when he doesn't want it!? So right now he seems pretty happy and is playing with toys...we'll see how long the good mood lasts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is great! I love reading more about Brendan on this new blog! He's a very smart little boy to throw crumbs in the garbage! I don't think the milk bottle is the end of the world. It is what it is, right? I promise, he won't take it to kindergarten!
ReplyDelete