Brendan, the Explorer

Brendan, the Explorer
Mr. Handsome

Sunday, February 20, 2011

My little star

How come every time I take out my camera to record B singing, he stops singing?  I even try to hide the camera so he doesn't realize, but he automatically clams up!  Right now B's favorite song to sing is Old MacDonald (with the goose making an appearance more than once) and Too Ra Loo (Bing Crosby) is a very close second.  Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is also making an appearance occasionally.  The ABC's are now a big hit and from the letter A to the end it is absolutely adorable; I must get it recorded!  Although, I need to remind myself not to get too caught up in recording/picture taking and try to enjoy the moment and remember it on my own.

Brendan is now realizing that shapes and letters are everywhere...from the "Y" in our quilt pattern to the triangle that is his toast.  We went out to eat and Brendan grabbed a straw and was playing with it, then all of a sudden he used his two hands to form the straw to make a triangle, then yelled "triangle" at the top of his lungs.  I LOVE IT!  And now he can count up to 15!  Maybe he will be a math boy after my own heart...

I absolutely love watching him grow, especially this past month, B is now 23 months old and in just a few short weeks he'll be 2.  TWO!  TWO?  TWO?!  What?!  It can't be.  He is so much fun, has such a great sense of humor, and is talking up a storm (Even though I hear him say "mommy" a million times a day, I'm still excited to hear him say it in that little kid way, "mom-eee").  He's just perfect.  (For this post we'll forget about the tantrums and the hitting/biting when he's frustrated and doesn't get his way...yeah, the biting.  I'm scared every time my child comes up near me and puts his mouth anywhere...but that's a different entry for a different time.)

1 comment:

  1. Jordan does the same thing around cameras! Not that he sings all that much, but he definitely won't for a camera. Now he'll barely even look for a picture. And Danny's getting to the stage where he just moves too much too fast to actually catch him! :) I can't believe Jordan is going to be 4 soon! That's crazy! One more year and I'll be registering him for kindergarten!!!!

    ReplyDelete