Brendan, the Explorer

Brendan, the Explorer
Mr. Handsome

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good Mor-ding

Well, B absolutely loves his big boy bed, he loves it so much that after one bedtime story he tries to crawl in to bed.  I'm thrilled!  It took one night of "training" so he wouldn't keep getting out of bed at night.  I stayed outside his closed door with our video monitor and each time he started to get out I would tell him to stay in bed and that it's time to sleep.  After 15 minutes of this, he stayed in bed and slept until 6:30 and once he was awake he stayed in bed, what a sweetie!  He doesn't even try to get out of bed, after his normal talking he just falls asleep!  He catches on so fast; my little smarty pants!  A few mornings ago, I got a 5:15 wake-up call and I walked into his room to explain it was still nighttime and he says to me loudly, "GOOD MORDING".  An early riser like me, hmmm.  Luckily he was willing to get back into bed and stayed there like such a good boy until about 6:45, that's a much better time!  Most mornings he is up at 6:00 and then he sits on his floor or bed and reads his books; getting up every few books to try and open his bedroom door.
He does not stay under his covers, nor does his head stay at the head of the bed...just like his crib.  Which is why he fell out of the bed; luckily that has only happened once and he didn't even wake up!

One of his many positions throughout the night


B grew another whole shoe size in just a few months...yikes!  One of my splurges for him is Stride Rite shoes, considering I pay next to nothing for most of his clothes and diapers, but at this rate I won't be able to keep going there!  Once you hit size 8, the shoes go up to $50!?  That's more than the gym shoes I bought for myself at Kohl's!  He was super excited to try on the shoes and then run around to try them out; he was such a good boy.  Once we got home he kept carrying his new shoes around; he really likes them.
So excited to have his new shoes on

He wanted his new shoes on and wanted to try on my hat

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh now that I read more about B's experience, I'm tempted to try this with Liam. Tempted but not ready. I'll wait for summer when I can switch his room with his brother's more childproof one.

    I just LOVE the picture in the middle of B and his new shoes!

    ReplyDelete