B just seemed ready for a toddler bed. We finally got one in his room, about 1 week before he turns 23 months old. It may be a little early, but it just seemed right. B sleeps great in his crib, so the thought of "messing with it" and moving to the trials of a toddler bed were scary. We have been talking about his "big boy bed" all week and he got to see his big boy bed sheets (Disney Cars) and he ran into the office every chance he got to look at his big boy bed. He helped us move his big boy bed into his bedroom yesterday and he also helped with the sheets. He couldn't wait to get in and once he was in, he didn't want to get out!
 |
| Helping mom put his sheets on |
 |
| Crawling in for the first time |
 |
| Pulling up the covers |
 |
| Pretending to snore |
 |
| So excited! |
 |
| Pretending to sleep |
When B went to bed last night, he did a great job. He now has a special turtle (on the nightstand) that shows the stars and the moon (it's real constellations!) instead of his crib aquarium. We tucked him in and he moved around on his bed and talked until he fell asleep (just like he did in his crib). It was great...until 5:00 a.m. came along! He came down the hall (his door was cracked open) and into my room where he asked for Mickey. I brought him back to bed and explained that it was still night time and he needed (and Mommy needed) to sleep still. I tucked him in and by the time I got back to my room, he was getting out of bed again. So I told him that if he wanted to be awake then he could read books, but needed to stay in his room and I closed his door. He then read books until 6:50, when he actually opened his door and came down to my room again.
Nap time...not so cool. He is not staying in his bed and I had to lock his door so he couldn't get out. He wanders around the room, then reads, then tries to open the door, then repeats. I guess we're getting the toddler bed transition done with now, rather than later...next up, potty training. I'm curious to see how bed time goes tonight. I miss his crib.
I have to say--that is a very nice looking bed (and one cute big boy!)
ReplyDeleteBig kid beds are so much fun! Jordan likes his. I'm glad he stays it in...sometimes he will come out as he tries to fall asleep and we have to walk him back to bed, but overall he loves his big boy bed. :)
ReplyDelete