Christmas was wonderful, crazy, tiring, and did I say crazy? Brendan isn't at the age where he understand what's really going on, but he did pretty well for not even being 2 yet! Christmas Eve morning we celebrate with my parents at our house. Brendan was pretty receptive to all of the presents and toys and delicious breakfast (I'm pretty sure he liked my homemade coffee cake more than the presents). Christmas Eve afternoon and evening was spent at my aunt's house, where B was slightly bored with everyone opening presents, but was still pretty into opening presents.
Christmas Day morning was spent opening presents, just the three of us, followed by spending the day at Charlie's parents. Christmas morning was very overwhelming for B. It seemed as if the day before had been enough for him. He opened his first present, and when asked to open another, he screamed "NO!" and then layed down on the floor. He got over the tantrum fairly fast and continued to open, but he knew he needed a break! Overall it was successful. It wasn't what a pictured, but it was good. I'm hoping that next year will be even better and he'll be even more into it. (I'm especially hoping I'm not super sick next year either!) I just need to remind myself how very blessed I am and it doesn't really matter how "perfect" the day went. We got to see B smile and begin life's journey of experiencing the magic of Christmas, we ate like pigs, and we visited with family. We are blessed.
I ended up taking 180 pictures between the 2 days and deleted about 35, but here are a few of my favorites...
 |
| Eve morning with Grandma & Grandpa River |
 |
Hot Wheels excitement
|
 |
And we didn't even coordinate on purpose
|
 |
| Mickey love |
 |
| Handy Manny excitement |
 |
| Hiding in his tent with Mickey and new pillow |
 |
| Bristle blocks! |
 |
| He stopped and read his new books for about 15 minutes |
 |
| Christmas morning 2010 |
 |
| Help from Uncle Mike |
 |
| His very own couch! (and it pulls out!) |
 |
| Unwrapping with Grandma V |
A tent, Mickey Mouse and a Handy Manny toolbox? Sounds just like our house! Love the pictures of all three of you! Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete