Brendan, the Explorer

Brendan, the Explorer
Mr. Handsome

Friday, October 1, 2010

Belly button, belly button you're oh so fine

So, most kids attach to a blanket or a stuffed animal when they're young and use it as their comfort object....not Brendan.  He's never had anything like that...until now and it's his belly button.  Instead of reaching for a soft blanket or a cuddly animal, he reaches for his belly button (his thumb is just a given).  So when he's tired or scared or anxious, he lifts up his shirt and plays with his belly button.  I don't know what to make of it.  I guess I don't ever have to worry about him losing it or having to throw it in the wash, so I have that going for me.  It's just. so. odd.   I felt I needed to make note of this, so I can look back and remember, so then I can tell his first girlfriend when she comes over, lol.

So he has his belly button comfort object, which is fine, as long as he's not 15 and lifting up his shirt to play with it.  However, a problem has arisen...B likes to reach into his diapers (now this is really something to tell future girlfriends) and play with himself...very normal, not worried, not bothered.  The problem is that he is left facing up and we've had several leakage accidents.  (He sits there with his hands down his pants and looks like a miniature Al Bundy.)  So I've been having to put B in undershirt onesies underneath his outfits and put him into one-piece pajamas too.  This makes him very frustrated because he can't get to his belly button.  Oh dear.  And I thought I had it good with him using his belly button as a comfort object.  He'll just have to deal with the onesies because I'm not cutting a little hole out for his belly button.  Hahahaha, that image just made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment