Teething is back, and with a vengeance...B's "last" teeth are coming in, the bottom two canines...yikes! I say "last" because it should be the last for awhile, until his 2-year molars start coming in, but luckily the canines are supposed to be the worst. If B's behavior hasn't been stellar as it is lately, let's just throw this into the mix, ugh! I will say, that even though B has been pretty awful lately, he is still really good around other kids. Aren't we lucky that he takes it out on us?! B will say hi to other kids (with and without prompting) and does share his toys. In fact, around other kids he can tend to be a bit shy; it usually takes him quite awhile to warm up to the new place and people while we are on play dates, even when they take place at our house!
We've gone to a few apple orchards in the area to check out what they have to offer. Both orchards were a lot of fun. B absolutely loves donuts. He freaks out at the sight of them or just the mention of them. The orchard we went to yesterday as the BEST donuts ever. They are given to you warm; nice and crunchy on the outside, soft, warm, and chewy on the inside...covered in cinnamon/sugar. They are heavenly. We plan on going back one more time before they close for the season....they're that good, plus the free activities there are awesome too! We did try the pony ride because B showed interest and wanted to get on. So we paid the $4 and we went around twice before he started freaking out and wriggling out of the "seatbelt", it was awful. This is where the cranky teething came in. He was miserable, gnawing on his fingers.
To sum up, we won't be going for a pony ride until next summer, after he's turned 2. After that fiasco, we decided it was time to enjoy some warm donuts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I believe apple cider donuts are the prescribed treatment for teething. I'll check it out and get back to you! This looks like a fun family day. We are going to try to go soon (I have no idea how I'm going to squeeze it onto the calendar--but I will).
ReplyDelete