Brendan, the Explorer

Brendan, the Explorer
Mr. Handsome

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mom, Ma, Hi

First I'd like to say that moms are not allowed to get sick.  It's just not right.  I am blessed enough to have a caring husband who helps out extra when I'm not feeling well.  But I still had to get my couponing in at Meijer and SuperTarget yesterday, someone had to do it!

Brendan is still wearing many hats, one minute he's Mr. Opposition, the next he's Mr. Flailing, and the next Mr. Screamo, and the next Mr. Maniac...

However, he did make me quite happy yesterday afternoon.  I begged Charlie to get up (he was sleeping, it was his "nighttime") and go change his diaper after his nap, because I was still so chilled and achey.  So Charlie did and I figured I better go in there and check my temperature (100.8).  Brendan had been crying and stopped when he saw me, but as soon as I stepped out of view behind Charlie, to grab the thermometer, Brendan started fussing again and said, clear as day, "mom?, ma?".  I was stunned and very disbelieving at the same time.  I've been waiting so long to hear him say ma or mom with meaning that I gave up all hope.  Especially since he had no trouble saying mooo for a cow and mo for more.  He's been walking around saying dada with meaning for a long time!  So I looked over at Charlie and he looked at me, and he said, I think that was a definite mom, and I still didn't believe it and thought it was a coincidence.

I then was driving to the stores and B was babbling away in the backseat, and I hear "ma? ma?", so I turn around (hoping he really meant me, because it tickled me pink!), and said "what Brendan?".  He then goes, "hi!".  I burst out laughing.  I was so happy and so excited.  And to top it off he said "weee" as we went down the hill on Haligus, which made me laugh even harder.  So far today he hasn't used "mom" or "ma", but I'll take what I can get!

So the moral of the story is that even though he's been a royal pain in the tukhas, he still makes me proud and quite happy.  He's my little ray of sunshine who ends up making me laugh several times a day with his crazy antics.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!!! I didn't know you had a blog! Cool! :) Delivering the second time was way easier, it was crazy how easily he came out. I'm loving being home with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how children time these wonderful moments. I'm so happy that you heard those words--I'm sure it helped speed your recovery! B is such a sweet guy, I wonder if he sensed that you were not feeling well--he was showing empathy. Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete