Brendan, the Explorer

Brendan, the Explorer
Mr. Handsome

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Poop, poop everywhere

Tonight I felt like the worst mom ever. The time change has B completely acting crazy, but it's completely understandable. He was ready for bed, but the clock said otherwise. I decided to slowly transition him so he's going to bed by the clock again...ugh. He was freaking out in his high chair because he wanted sleep, so I picked him up and noticed a distinct smell. You know that smell, as if the water reclamation plant relocated to the baby's lower half. I pulled off his pants only to find that IT was EVERYWHERE, diaper down to calf and caked into the onesie and his pants quite nicely. B promptly nailed both feet AND both hands once his clothes were removed, which both hands made it to his chest first, then of course his mouth. Yes, his mouth. So I started having images of my child having E. Coli and the doctor asking, how in the world did this happen?! As I'm standing there like an idiot frozen in time, B is screaming and crying his eyes out. My newly cut hair falls in my face, as I try to move it behind my ear, I notice, too late, that I have IT on my hands and now it is smeared across my forehead and cheek. Sexy, right? At that point I let out a blood-curdling scream only to rival horror movies. B stops for a split-second and then kicks it up a notch and is looking at me like I'm the most evil monster coming to attack him. Great. I promptly begin to cry as well. Twenty wet-wipes later he's in the bath, which of course, he takes to peeing the minute he lands in the water. By the end of the bath he's smiling. He might've been smiling, but I was still beside myself, sniffling and carrying on like a big baby. He went through the rest of his bedtime routine like normal and seemed unphased from the prior incident. I, on the other hand, feel like the most absolutely worst mother ever. I screamed! I made him cry even louder and harder. I lost my cool, when I should be thinking clearly and calmly. But I wasn't calm. A glass of wine helped, but I almost can't wait for him to wake-up so I can give him a big hug and say I'm sorry for the thousandth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment