I would've included pizza in this list a few weeks, but Brendan now refuses to eat frozen pizza, Little Caesars pizza, and the awesome pizza from the place in town. Really? He used to want to eat it 24/7. But then I figured it out....he only wants to eat Bagel Bites pizza. I'm at a loss. There is a lack of veggies, grains, and a ton of other things. He won't even try new things. Not even one little bite. I am certain this is fairly normal for his age group and perhaps older children as well, but it's so frustrating and worrisome! And BORING! He has been taking the calcium gummies (coated in granulated sugar) and likes those vitamins, but when I try introducing actual gummy multi-vitamins, heaven forbid. He gagged on them and swallowed them whole, instead of chewing them, because they were weird and different. He made a huge production of it and of course now he's fine with them, months later. I would try spinach smoothies (green monsters), but he won't even try a regular smoothie, yet alone a green one.
Meal time is a constant battle. I'm hoping that he gets better; well, at least I can dream. Oh, and of course, cake, candy, cupcakes, donuts and cookies aren't an issue.
B has again made leaps and bounds since the last time I wrote. He is very perceptive and makes so many connections (text to self, text to world, text to text--the reading teacher in me is so proud!); it's so fun to watch him. And the things that come out of his mouth...he always has us cracking up. Some of my favorites....
When something is wrong- (putting his hands on both cheeks and shaking his head) "This is just terrible, just terrible."
When asked if he'd like something or like to do something that we know he'll answer yes to- (thinks about it for a minute with a pondering look) "Well....um...of course!"
Of course, when he says something cute and/or funny I think to myself, I need to record that, but then I don't because the meaning will be lost when translated to the written word. I can explain it to my parents or Charlie on the phone and they get it because they know him, but how to describe it so that he can look back and understand it and appreciate it. I just don't want to forget a moment of how awesome he is...
He is awesome--and so very smart. Yes, the pickiness is normal but it drives every mom crazy. (Liam used to eat everything, now he only eats cheese puffs. I've resorted to buying PediaSure-like drinks.)
ReplyDeleteI love how expressive B is. He must keep you entertained all day long!