I have read What the Ladybug Heard by Julia Donaldson every day, 2-3 times a day for the past 2 weeks. B is absolutely enthralled by this book. I saw it displayed at the library and quickly flipped through it so I could see if it was something he'd sit through. I saw that it had animals and animal noises and was sold. I was a little hesitant because I saw that it had longer text on some of the pages, but I've been trying to get B into books that have a stronger storyline/plot. I LOVE this book. It's clever and has the requisite animals and animal noises that B absolutely loves.
When we're not reading, B is loving his trucks and cars. Definitely a boy. Watching him physically and listening to him gets more and more fun each day. His vocabulary is expanding (Why was I worried?! Silly me.) every day and it cracks us up every day. I want to be an honest mom (other than Santa, etc. of course) and want him to know about our bodies as he starts to question. I was still wearing my pajama top this morning at breakfast and I leaned over and B looked right down my shirt, and asked, "this?" and pointed down my shirt. Do I tell him the name or not? Does it matter at 20 months old? I decided to be this "honest" mom I want to be and told him that they were breasts. I don't want to use cutesy nicknames for both male and female anatomy. He thought about it for a second and then said "bests". Hmmm...kind of cute, but scary all at the same time. Watching him explore and discover everything in this world is amazing. Being able to watch him wonder, explore, learn, and have fun makes up for his nasty tantrums...well, it at least helps me to forget them for a short awhile. Oh, the tantrums. THE TANTRUMS. The frustration he feels when we don't understand what he's trying to tell us or the frustration he feels when I say no to another episode of Word World always ends in him hitting me or trying to bite me. After he hits/bites, he walks away and then turns right back around and gently pats me and promptly kisses me. As if to say, I was really frustrated, but I really didn't mean it mom.
At 20 months B absolutely loves puzzles. I recently acquired the Melissa and Doug animal sound puzzle. Oh my, does he love it! Best Pampers reward ever! He does all sorts of puzzles and I can't wait till he can do the more advanced jigsaw puzzles!
B is getting a little less shy at playdates. It still takes him awhile to warm up, but I'll take a little progress over none!
I'm not liking this whole getting colder thing and it being dark at 4:00...it's just wrong! Knowing that we won't be going outside as much or for as long is really disappointing. We'll still play outside, but when it's 40 degrees outside, it really loses its appeal! Now that B loves being outside, this winter is going to be hard. At least 5 times a day, B grabs my shoes and his shoes and puts them by the garage door and asks for "side". He also doesn't quite get the whole "we can't go outside, it's raining" thing. Talk about tantrums when we say no to outside!
B's eating is still driving me nuts, especially the milk issue. I want him to get that Vitamin D that's so important! I hate giving gummy vitamins, he should just eat the good food, geez! If it were only that simple.
What a rambling mess of information. I want to track and record all the awesome (and not so awesome) things that B says and does, so I can look back and compare when a sibling arrives or look back 16 years from now when he's getting ready to head off to college. I know that I can't capture everything in print (my lack of logging in and blogging is proof of that) and I can only pray that my memory holds more than I think it will. I don't want to forget a single thing about this amazing little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes I walk behind Liam as he toddles off to bed and I think the same thing, "I don't want to forget a single thing about this boy..."
ReplyDeleteI am going to look for that book the next time we are at the library. I've been getting kids' books on cd for long car rides. So far they love them!
Speaking of milk and all, I saw applesauce with extra calcium at the store. Would B try that?